Cyber crimes have become so commonplace that more than half of Americans have experienced some sort of personal or financial loss. Even as online security measures become more sophisticated, criminals around the world continually find new ways to threaten our safety, steal money and hijack our lives. But there are ways to fight back.
This session will help you:
- Secure your home and business networks
- Utilize complex and memorable passwords, as well as multi-factor authentication to protect data
- Avoid threats like skimmers and rogue WiFi access points
- Increase the safety of online financial transactions
- Understand how techniques like “phishing” and "fake news" are used to manipulate victims
- Protect your reputation across social networks
- Monitor children’s online activities and set safe parameters
To help the information go down a little easier, free beer will be available for attendees age 21 and older with a valid ID, while supplies last.
Admission is free, but reservations are required. Space is limited, so reserve your seat TODAY.
About Our Speaker
Gary Phillips, CISM, CISSP
Vice President, Software Security, Suntrust
Gary Phillips leads software security for SunTrust, where he is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic banking transactions. A security pioneer, he served on industry boards to advance cyber security practices; and has held technology leadership positions at Time Warner, Symantec, Veritas Software and Compaq. Phillips earned a BS in Computer Science from the Georgia Institute of Technology, holds multiple patents and is a Decatur resident.