The Decatur Book Festival over Labor Day weekend was great! We met amazing new people, caught up with members who stopped by our booth, the kids enjoyed solving our word search, and the adults liked having a chance to win a Kindle Fire through our drawing. Many congratulations to Rola for being our winner!
It’s mid-September and how are you doing with your deadlines? Decatur CoWorks prides itself in providing a professional environment that helps our members focus and be productive. On this continued journey of increasing productively, here is a short list of tips to help stay on top of your hectic schedule.
1. Get your priorities straight. There will always be more work than you have time to complete. You aren’t going to get everything done. Accept it. Tasks that are both urgent and important must rise to the top of the to-do list. Keep in mind, pressing work tends to take priority over the important tasks. Don't let this happen. Make sure you focus on both items.
2. Limit your time on tasks. The law of diminishing returns dictates that doing a certain task for an hour may be a good investment but spending five hours doing the same task may be time wasted. Make sure you do some tasks in limited quantities.
3. Avoid perfectionism. We’re not suggesting that mediocrity is acceptable. However, continuing to work on something long after the incremental effort stopped delivering value is not beneficial. Further, it sucks up your time, keeping you from doing other tasks that do create value. Keep in mind, great work is what we do for our customers. Perfectionism is what we do for ourselves.
Productivity points as found on Entrepreneur.com
Upcoming Events at CoWorks
On the Same Page
On the Same Page is a comprehensive community reading program serving families and schools around the Atlanta area. Our goal is to foster a community of readers by bringing people together around the same book.
On Sunday, September 18th, 4-6 pm, Decatur CoWorks will be hosting their first event. Kids ages eight and up can learn about writing techniques and hone their skills at this interactive workshop.
Decatur Writers Studio Classes
The Decatur Writers Studio is a learning and working resource for writers in the Atlanta area. A project of the Decatur Book Festival, DWS features a wide assortment of classes taught by acclaimed writers.
Workshops starting in September include
- Writing Workshop for Teens starting 9/20
- Novel 101 starting 9/21
- More than Me in Memoir starting 9/27
Xperience Connections is meeting on Thursday, September 22 from 11am - 1:30pm. XC is a relaxed brunch/networking gathering designed just for women. Cost is $20. Click the link below to find out more information about Decatur XC leader Frances Whitten or to reserve your spot. http://xperienceconnections.com/spotlight/decatur/
Looking for something fun and free to do in Decatur? The Concerts on the Square series, presented by the Decatur Business Association (DBA), are every Saturday in September from 7-9:30pm. Jam out with us on the 24th for a night of pop and soul!
Heads up, we are hosting the October DBA meeting on Tuesday the 25th staring at 5:15pm with 6pm program. If you are not a member, attend as a guest. Food provided by Farm Burger.
Mark Wolgemuth, Resident Member since April 2014
Mark is the COO and president of RescueTime, a time management software for staying productive.
“Decatur CoWorks has worked great for RescueTime. Super easy setup and management compared to traditional rental; very kind and attentive staff; and perfect location for lunches in the square.”
About Decatur CoWorks
Decatur CoWorks is shared workspace in the heart of downtown Decatur. With our reliable WiFi, printing, and professional office setting and conference rooms, our members enjoy working, hosting team gatherings, and meeting clients.
Copyright © 2016 Decatur CoWorks, All rights reserved.
Our address is:
708 Church Street
Decatur, GA 30030